Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer in Maine

Hello everyone,
Well here it is August and I have not posted on my blog since..... hmmmmm.....last year? Yikes, time goes by so fast. I love reading blogs, but have to be "inspired", "in the mood", "ready" to write. Summer is just fleeing by and soon I will be back to working full time at my school. So I have been trying to fill every minute of every day with projects, reading, visiting, cleaning etc. Each night when I lay my head down, I can say that I accomplished a lot in the day.

Much of the month of June and July I was stricken with a severe case of poison ivy after working on moving some of my perennials to the side of the yard/ woods. Three rounds of prednisone and lots of oatmeal baths, creams, etc. and I can now finally get through a day without feeling like the itching will drive me insane. I do not wish it on anyone and unfortunately, my daughter now has it but not from our woods, somewhere else.  The plants are still not taken care of because I do NOT want to go near the woods again!! OH well, maybe someday it will be taken care of.

Some of my blue flags that I want to move to the side of the lawn.

Other things happening? Lots of cleaning out of closets and our basement, but I will post about that and my projects, etc. in the next post. In the mean time, enjoy these last days of your summer. I know I will!